In conjunction with the Patch Tuesday update rollout for November, Microsoft is now making available the update KB5019959 to Windows 10 versions 22H2, 21H2 21, 21H1, and 20H2 with a variety of fixes and enhancements.
The update KB5019959 increases its version to 19042.2251 (20H2), 19043.2251 (21H1), 19044.2251 (21H2) as well as 19045.2251 (22H2) and as per the changes made by Microsoft this patch comes with numerous security enhancements to internal functions. Additionally, the update also contains non-security fixes and updates that were previously made available as an optional upgrade in October 25, along with the preview of update KB5018482.
If you’d rather manually install this update, the one for November 20,22 on Windows 10, download it from the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Update KB5019959 fixes and updates for Windows 10
These are the improvements and fixes expected in the upcoming upgrade to Windows 10:
- Security issues are addressed to the Windows Operating System.
- The fix addresses an issue that affects Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) authentication and hardening. It automatically raises the authentication level for all non-anonymous activation requests from DCOM clients to RPC_C_AUTHN_LEVEL_PKT_INTEGRITY. This happens if the level of authentication is below the level of Packet Integrity.
- It addresses the DCOM issue that is affecting an issue with the Remote Procedure Call Service (rpcss.exe). It raises the authentication level to RPC_C_AUTHN_LEVEL_PKT_INTEGRITY instead of RPC_C_AUTHN_LEVEL_CONNECT if RPC_C_AUTHN_LEVEL_NONE is specified.
- Fixes a problem that results in it to cause an OS upgrade to cease responding and is ineffective.
- This article addresses a problem that is affecting an issue that affects the Microsoft Azure Active Directory (AAD) Application Proxy connector. It is not able to obtain the Kerberos ticket for the user. The error message reads “The handle specified is invalid (0x80090301).”
- The article addresses an issue that affects the font size of Three Chinese characters. If the characters are formatted in large, then the is incorrect.
- The article addresses an issue that is affecting Microsoft Direct3D 9 games. The graphics hardware ceases to function in the event that the hardware does not include an appropriate Direct3D 9 driver.
- Fixes graphics problems in games using Microsoft D3D9 on some platforms.
- This fix addresses a problem that affects Microsoft Edge when it is operating in IE Mode. The names of pop-up windows and tabs are incorrect.
- This fix addresses a problem that affects Microsoft Edge IE mode. It prevents users from opening websites. This happens when you turn on Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG) and you don’t install Network Isolation policies.
- The solution addresses an issue that may cause an application to cease responding. This could happen due to the fact that input buffer is overflowing.
- This article addresses a problem that is affecting the input Method editors (IME) that are available from Microsoft and other third-party vendors. They cease to function when closing the IME window. This is the case if your IME utilizes the Windows Text Services Framework (TSF) 1.0.
- This article addresses a problem that is affecting the lasso tool within the graphics editing software.
- The solution addresses an issue that can affect Miracast advertisements. This issue is present when using Surface Hub devices under certain circumstances.
- This article addresses a problem that affects a few drivers. They draw more power when playing games that are protected with hardware digital rights management (DRM) content.
- This article addresses a problem that impacts .msi files. Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) will not recognize them when you turn off the script enforcement.
- The article addresses an issue that could affect the remote desktop desktop virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) scenario. The session may use the incorrect time zone.
- This update updates the Windows vulnerable driver blocklist for the kernel which is contained included in the DriverSiPolicy.p7b file. This update ensures that the blocklist remains the same in both Windows 10 and Windows 11. For more details, check out the KB5020779.
- It makes Microsoft compatible in accordance with US Government (USG) 6.1.1 revision 6 (USGv6-r1).
- Stops the beginning day-light saving in Jordan by the end of October 2022. In 2022, the Jordan clock will forever change to the UTC + 3 time zone.
Microsoft has solved a problem with KB5019959 in which the operating system would cease responding and then stop running any process. The bug was fixed that caused Microsoft Direct3D 9 games would not work in a proper manner because the graphics hardware would stop functioning if the hardware doesn’t have an official Direct3D 9 driver.
Microsoft has fixed a problem that is affecting the lasso tool of the graphics editing software.
There are many bugs that need to be fixed, but they aren’t directly connected directly to OS. For instance, Microsoft fixed an issue which affects Microsoft Edge in IE Mode. In this instance there was a glitch that prevented tabs and windows from appearing not working correctly.
Microsoft has been alerted to a problem that could cause OneDrive could suddenly shut down. In this scenario users may encounter an error when they attempt to log out or delink their accounts in the OneDrive sync application. Additionally, you may encounter problems when you sync to your device via Microsoft SharePoint or Teams.
One solution to fix OneDrive problems is to uninstall the app. However, another issue seems to block users from removing the OneDrive sync application.
Happily, Microsoft is already working to fix the issue and expect to release an update in the next week. KB5019959
This update can also disable Microsoft Edge Legacy, but Chrome Edge will not be installed. This means that your device might not be able to connect to any internet browser, unless you turn on Internet Explorer or install a third-party browser such as Chrome.
This issue only occurs on devices that run Windows built with special offline media (or ISO images. It is important to note that the issue does not impact devices that directly connect via Windows Update to receive updates and updates, such as devices that use Windows Update for Business.
Versions older than Windows 10
The company has also rolled out an update the KB5019966 to version 1809 that bumps it up from 17763.3650 and contains fixes for security issues.
In addition, Windows 10 1607 received the update KB5019964 which increases the version to 14393.5501 and also fixes a number of issues. Additionally, Windows 10 1507 is receiving update KB5019970. Update KB5019970 which boosts the version to version 10240.19567 and fixes a variety of issues.
Download update KB5019959 to Windows 10
The update is now available it will be downloaded and installed itself automatically. But, you can activate the update by selecting Settings > Update and Security Windows Update, click the Check for updates button, and select your option to download the update. How to do work
What’s new in Windows 10 Build 19045.2251 KB5019959
In the the KB5019959 upgrade, Microsoft has made an array of 19 bugs or enhancements, including the eight highlights as follows:
- It resolves a problem that can cause the OS upgrade to cease responding, and eventually is ineffective.
- This article addresses a problem that affects the font size of Three Chinese characters. If they are formatted to be bold, the size is not correct.
- It resolves an issue that impacts Microsoft Direct3D 9 games. The graphics hardware ceases working in the event that the hardware does not come with an appropriate Direct3D 9 driver.
- It resolves graphics issues that arise in games using Microsoft D3D9 on some platforms.
- It fixes a problem that is affecting Microsoft Edge when it is in IE Mode. The title of tabs and pop-up windows are incorrect.
- This article addresses a problem that is affecting the lasso tool within an editing program for graphics.
- It will stop the introduction of daylight savings time for Jordan by the end of October 2022. It is expected that the Jordan clock will forever change into that of the UTC + 3 zone.
- It also makes various security enhancements to internal OS functions. No other issues were reported in this version.
The complete list of fixes is available within the October 2022 preview update support bulletin.
KB5023008 was just released for Windows 11
Red Screen of Death Errors on Windows PC Fixed 2023